Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I Have Some Good News and a Short PSA

Hello, my lovelies. I hope you have had a wonderful day. I had a pretty good one. If you have been following my YouTube channel, you already know about this. But, I can honestly say that I'm a bit discouraged with that portion of my life/business/brand, right now.

I had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago, and today was the follow up. The outcome was pretty darn good and I was happy with the information; mostly. My doc said that the surgery went a lot smoother than anticipated and that they were able to confirm their findings from the ultrasound, but that there were more findings. I had endometriosis and more fibroids than previously seen. My pathology reports were benign for cancers, thankfully.

I cannot stress the importance of routine reproductive health exams. Whether or not you are able to have children any longer, your reproductive system and organs are absolutely as important to take care of as your general health. Ladies, your gynecological exams and mammograms are absolutely necessary at the appropriately scheduled increments. I hadn't been to the gynecologist for almost 20 years, and I may have been able to catch all of this much earlier and taken care of it before it got to the surgical point. Gentlemen, you are not excluded from this. Your prostate health is extremely important and it is vital to your health to make sure that it is taken care of, just the same as it is for a woman to take care of her health.

I know that this is a short entry for tonight, and it's because I have hit a wall on a mental and emotional level. I hope that you are taking care of yourselves and each other, and remember that you are not alone.

Live from the Earth. Play in the dirt.

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. You are healing very well.... I have seen you have more great days then bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Thank you so much for always checking on me, my beautiful friend!! You are loved immensely!!

    ReplyDelete