Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Levels Too High To Manage Today

Hello, my lovelies! I hope that you have had an amazing day! I have not. It's been a struggle today for many reasons. The stress has been pretty hefty today, but I've been pushing and moving through it all.

I could not sleep to save my soul last night. I finally fell asleep after 2 AM, woke up about every hour after that and, just as I started to go into a deeper sleep, I get roused and told my help was needed. It was not the type of thing I wanted to jump out of bed and do right away, but it had to get done. And, then I was up for the day. I had many other things to get done, so I might just as well stay up after that, right?

Cleaning up after 4 huskies really tends to put you in a very bad mood right away, and for me, it's hard to shake a bad mood. So, my day started off very tired and angry, and then things start running through my mind, I was overthinking, overly emotional about it, and that's exactly how the day continued. I tried everything to move my head out of the negative thoughts and get my emotional state under control. I just couldn't do it. My mind had sunken into an abyss of negativity and I was too tired to fight my way back out. 

I'm very overwhelmed today. There are so many things that are very important to get accomplished and I have no idea where to start. I have homeschooling to do. I have laundry and dishes piled up. I have a house that is in desperate need of deep cleaning, a yard still to clean up after storm damage, a shed to get cleaned out and converted for storage and an over-winter chicken coop, a garden to plant and hoop houses to build, and seeds to save, food to preserve and save; the list is just absolutely endless. And, do you know what I got accomplished? Moving my chickens and a little bit of homeschooling; at least until around 7 PM.

I got my vlog filmed and it's still uploading, almost 4 hours later. Our internet is absolutely craptastic. Yes, I said it. Craptastic. It's a word; my word. We have had horrbily slow internet speeds for about 2 weeks now, and it's having a negative effect on everything that I do with my social media accounts, YouTube channel and TikTok. It's hard to get and keep any kind of an uploading schedule, when your internet isn't reliable.

I also started working out the details of making a hoop house/greenhouse to try over the winter for growing. I'm getting the rest of the materials tomorrow to get the hoops done and possibly some of the lumber needed. I'm doing this as inexpensively as I can, and I'm reusing a lot of materials that I already have, to create a 22'x5' structure, and if it seems as though it's going to actually hold up, I'm going to buy materials to build at least 3 more, to get through the winter with. I'm actually pretty excited about this project, truth be told.

I am still trying to fight through my feelings, as I write this blog, so I think that I am going to try to take some anxiety medication, have a bit of a snack and then call it a night. It's not often that I feel bad enough that I need to take my anxiety medication, so I know that my levels are terribly high right now. Remember that you are not alone in your struggles; there are so many more of us out there feeling the same way.

Live from the Earth. Play in the dirt.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment